22.3.10

Vintage Car and bike Rally

Yesterday (Sunday 21st March 2010), I got chance to be a part of Vintage car and bike rally. This was organized by Heritage Vehicle Owner’s Club of Thane (http://www.hvoct.com/). I do not own any vintage car or bike but may be as a special spectator I got pretty long drive in one of the vintage car. That car was exceptionally well maintained Standard Herald Mark III. For me it was dream come true to get a ride in vintage car. Earlier I was under an impression that only the Parsis or the Kings/ Prince of some states own such cars. But when I saw the rally I was delighted to see that many other people actually own these vehicles.


I also got opportunity to see Morris Minor 1950, Fiat Millicento 1956, Standard Herald 2 door and the most adorable Austin 1929.










I am not fond of bikes / two wheelers but I think after seeing some of these beautiful and magnificent two wheelers in the rally; I am going to be the fan of those. Yesterday I think for the first time I saw; Lambretta, Vespa, Rajdoot GTS (Bobby), Lamby Polo, Honda 250N Super Dream, Java and Yezdi.








I wish to visit more of such rallies in future with very selfish motive that I can get ride in another vintage car. ;)

6 comments:

  1. One in a lifetime experience to be in a vintage car manufactured in 1929 and vehicles that we only hear of or can catch a glimpse if we are lucky. Excellent blog. Very nice pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I haven't experienced going to this kind of event. So incredible! Is there any upcoming event like this? I would be happy to come if there are any. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kevyn... thanks for your comment. It was indeed a great experience. You can visit their website(http://www.hvoct.com/)to know more about upcoming events. Those people are very friendly. You can even take a ride on vintage bike or in car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... was just browing on the internet with my father and myself trying to catch glimpses of standard and getting nostalgic.... great pictures... i plan to buy him a lambretta and a standard herald at some point of time in my life... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nageeshwar c.. thanks for posting comment. Indeed both the bikes are excellent. You can contact the website given in my post and check if someone want to sell it. I remember one of them owns 18 such bikes as collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i want to sell my triumph 3HW 1945 model 350cc pure vintage bike with all ogi parts...plz if cont me on +91 8055571236

    ReplyDelete