13.4.10

Something That Touched My Heart

I love visiting zoos in any new city I go. I feel capturing as many animals as possible in my camera. May be in very near future we will be able to see them only in photos. Many animals have already been extinct and many on the verge of extinction.
This time when I visited Katraj Snake Park and zoo; I found very unusual place in that. There were three graves. Many zoos have graves of their beloved animals who died in their zoo. But these graves were totally different. They were of Dodo (Extinct since 1681) and Indian Cheetah (Extinct from 1952); these animals are already extinct from Indian forest. The Third grave caught attention. It was only dug and kept open… for Tigers who are on the verge of extinction. For couple of seconds my mind stopped working. I felt very sad, guilty and helpless. Is it too late to save them? Maybe… may not be…

My contribution is very small but I really want that third grave to be open and gradually removed…

Save the tigers…


2 comments:

  1. It is in this park that one feels how near we are to lose sight of tigers. Soon they may be only in pictures and school books. May be our next generation would not get to see one alive. Your blog needs to be publicised not only because it is nicely written, but it highlights the necessity of time to do something tangible to save tigers. Nothing else can say more than the picture itself.

    ReplyDelete