12.9.11

Ladakh - Journey Continues....

First day in Leh; as suggested by all the people on internet; we decided to rest. Do nothing but eat, watch TV and sleep.


After reaching our little but wonderful guest house; we ordered some food. Our host said that she will cook vegetable from whatever available from the garden. After the snow covered mountains; this was the second best thing I ever wanted to do or see. She cooked vegetable from cabbage, carrot and capsicum and topped with fresh coriander leaves; everything from her small garden.




Our Rainbow Guesthouse

As we started eating; somehow I didn’t like the taste of it but then I realized this was the first time in my life I am eating so fresh vegetables. The taste was not bad or good it was fresh.


Spent sometime in the evening sipping hot cup of tea and chatting with an Italian girl staying in next room. I was totally envious of her because I found she has seen more India than me. :)



Vegetable Garden


Sit-out in Guesthouse


Night was chilly. Tried to sleep early but heart was pounding with mixture of feelings.



View from Guesthouse - Shanti Stupa

No comments:

Post a Comment