28.9.15

Iceland - Blönduós

Blönduós was another little fishing village like Djúpivogur. before leaving this lovely village; i 
decided to take a walk on the estuary; where blanda river met the sea.

early morning many birds were gathered on the river bank. i wanted to take a closer look but arctic terns didn't like this idea and came attacking. i felt bit scared and decided to leave the place and go to the cliff.

from the cliff i could see the entire village and also the vast ocean under the grey sky.

last photo is our guesthouse; one of the oldest building in Blönduós.







8 comments:

  1. those bright houses just pop out from the grey/blue/green landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh they looked so beautiful on that morning! thank you!

      Delete
  2. I had a really busy time lately but I always check your blog and recently I saw many beautiful pictures here.
    Beautiful Iceland in your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by anna. <3
      iceland was magical!

      Delete
  3. :) i am so so so late in keeping up with all my favourite blogs and also my letter writing... but i love you and your photos from Iceland are wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh sara i have missed you. hope you will get my letter soon. <3

      Delete
  4. I can't get over how silky everything looks. I wish I could sit down alone on the coast's edge in the fourth shot and watch the sky for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin!
      i sat on that edge for a while filling my eyes with all the beauty!

      Delete